Don't let these get under your skin ..
Let’s take a quick look at the first and probably most popular Skincare brand's results that came up on a simple Google search: This brand hid their 'Skin Enhancing Abilities' and 'Key Moisturising Actives' under a registered trademark called 'Cell-Moisturisers'.
That really does not say anything about these “amazing abilities”. Upon further reading I saw that they at least advise on how to apply these creams and addressing a lot of social issues such as campaigning for women's self-confidence and self-esteem. While yes, this is very valid, it does raise a few questions:
1. If this is a brand that creates Skin Care Products, why does it not disclose and boast about any of its Product Ingredients that makes it so amazing?
2. Why does it choose to focus on pushing the insecurity buttons of women in its branded message by saying “Only 4 percent of women around the world consider themselves beautiful” and “anxiety about appearance begins at an early age”. It sounds like a positive message but you become doubtful when its parent company owns Ben and Jerry's ice cream and there is no trace of finding information about its 'pure amazing' ingredients. I guess these branding messages are well designed to make women feel empowered … to use their products.
Other Cosmetic and Skincare companies use the angle of Anti-Ageing, with the same intentions.. These companies are constantly playing on your insecurities. What happened to manufacturers being transparent and clear with their products? To provide real value to those who uses them. Without playing mind games. What you see should be what you get. (Selfless self-plug is eminent here, bear with me).. We are and all other brands should be transparent and empower women and men with positive messaging and most importantly positive and no sugar-coated products.
The Guardian, which is a very well respected newspaper, confirmed my suspicions, concluding that these ads just drive up even more insecurities and paranoia.
Having said this, we want our valued customers to know what they are buying and empower them with true knowledge.
Introducing our Secret Ingredient, Beautiful Golden Free Range Tallow
In the light of transparency we want to say that we have absolutely nothing to hide, but everything to be proud of when it comes to serving up a TON of value to you and your Skin. So, more about our star ingredient. Tallow, Tallow is a great ingredient to use in Skincare Products, and it is our Featured Ingredient in our Skin Food
Silky smooth, creamy, deliciously dreamy, luxuriously Skin-Loving and nutritious… yes, we are bringing back the “Sexy” into the oldest Skin ingredient our Forefathers used.. TALLOW Baby! But this is not just any commonly found Tallow. What makes our Pure Primal Tallow based products so unique is that we only use certified Grass Fed & finished, Free Range local Nguni and Lamb Tallow sourced from sustainable Farmers in SA.
BUT WHY Grass Fed and all that Jazz? It is actually such an easy concept to grasp. Free Range and Pastured. Meaning, giving the animal the most natural habitat nature intended for it to have, life long. Thus NO routine antibiotics, no unnatural hormone injections to make them grow bigger, fatter faster, no feed “force fed” to them (e.g. soy, wheat and other fattening grains) that they would not normally get in their Free Range diets…
Most intake and daily exposure of toxins accumulates in fat. So if you use the fat of a sick artificially hormone induced & toxic animal, you will absorb these toxic compounds and show negative, inflammatory side-effects! Your skin is as healthy as what you “feed” it! Years ago, there was no other option other than Free Range, and thus only beautiful Pastured Tallow was used for all their household needs – from cooking, preserving, polish, soap & candle making to skin ointments – a very valued versatile commodity indeed.
Homegrown Organic Citrus concentrate to blend with our golden Tallow
Interested to learn more about the benefits of Tallow in skincare products? Read on below
A beautiful symphony of Grass fed tallow, green/gold Virgin organic Franschhoek Olive oil and locally sourced RAW unfiltered Beeswax ready to transform into an amazing lipbalm batch
Benefits of Tallow
1. Tallow is compatible with our own Skin's biology – making it super absorbable: Most of our cell membranes are made up of Saturated Fats, which is important for the health, tone and integrity of the Skin. Tallow contains 50 %- 55% Saturated Fat, just like our Cell Membranes, making it very compatible with our own Skin biology and very easily absorbable without stickiness or greasy residue. On the other hand, plants contain very little Saturated Fats or the same level of other nutrients and vitamins needed to feed the Skin;
2. Tallow contains abundant Fat Soluble Vitamins and Nutrients with great benefits: Vitamins A, D, E and K are found uniquely packaged only in animal fats and are important for Skin health and health in general. Grass-Fed Tallow also contains many Fatty Acids.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) has Anti-Inflammatory and Antimicrobial properties, Stearic and Oleic Acid have Moisturising, Softening, Regenerative and Anti-Inflammatory properties and helps with the Skin's Suppleness and Flexibility.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are beneficial to the outer layer of the Skin (the Epidermis) by strengthening it so that the Skin does not dry out and wrinkle very easily. Oily Skin? No problem! Like dissolves like. The best way to dissolve Sebum and Oils from the Skin is by using another non polar solvent similar in composition – other oils. With Tallow specifically you can replace the dirty oil with healthy oils while cleansing and revitalising the Skin
Additional to Rooibos infused Certified Grass-Fed, Free Range Tallow, Skin Food also contains Cold Pressed Castor Oil, Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Franschhoek), Cold Pressed Local Macadamia Nut Oil, Natural Vitamin E Oil and various Essential Oils. Every handmade batch of Pure Primal Skin product starts out in the same way our ancestors used to do it.
After the fat is melted into a liquid, it is strained to remove any solids and infused with local Organic Rooibos and Honeybush. We render our own Tallow from Grass-Fed beef fat ethically sourced from Certified Local Farms
Our Skin range is exceptional for healing a variety of Skin conditions such as Eczema, Rashes, Psoriasis, Cradle Cap, Acne and Dry Skin.
What Skincare Products are you currently using and have you read the Ingredient List?