Working hard, big city life, hustle and bustle ….NEED a quick breather. Where do we go for a quick recharge, not too far from home, yet still deep enough in the bush to call it a breakaway?
Our first choice for online holiday accommodation shopping is www.daddysdeals.co.za . With Daddy you will find great deals across South Africa and manage to save some bucks along the way, which you can spend on a little pampering later on.
As you may know, I have been a buzzy body breathing some life into the online store, attending expos and developing new products for the re-launch of the Pure Primal range (watch this space!)
so yes…we desperately needed a quick R&R without having to spend hours packing, getting to the airport, car hire sagas etc.
Destination: http://www.bonabona.co.za – an African hidden gem, 2 – 3 hours away from the big city life.
What to expect –
- Friendly, able, accommodating and helpful staff.
- Clean, comfortable thatched chalets that truly suit the bushveld experience – not over the top but still maintains its natural 4 star luxury charm status. Each unique stand-alone chalet is semi-secluded with a cozy little stoep and coffee nook. When the night blanket folds over the veldt, you hear the lions roar and hyenas giggle as you fall asleep.
- Ample safe play area for the young Primal members to burn off energy whilst Mom and Dad sit and relax at the deck overlooking the African landscape soaking up the scenery.
- The Restaurant/deck/bar area provides a panoramic view of pure African bush and a waterhole in the distance where many animals (rhino, buck, buffalo, wildebeest etc.) laze around and pose for beautiful photo shoots.
- Everything you might need (and more) is available at the restaurant including organic, free range succulent beef cuts and an amazing selection of local wines to satisfy any pallet.
- One such wine is from the Jakkalsvlei Wine Estate (see our Instagram post) which we had the honor of visiting (and fell in love with) on one of our Garden Route holidays.
- The wine cellar boasts a focal piece of beautiful local artwork by Dean Maloney, making it an even more memorable visit. The cellar is also available for private functions – which could be a hazardous experience for those winelovers.
- Game drives, Wedding venue, relaxing Spa treatments, a shooting range and much more.
All in all a well rounded, pristine and tastefully done African breakaway with much to offer at a very reasonable price.
If you ever attend Nampo, remember to book Bona Bona accommodation well ahead as they are fully booked months in advance.
The water in this area is a little harder than what we are used to in Jozi, so be sure to pack and use enough Pure Primal Body Balm and Castile bars for added moisture.
Please remember when booking your next holiday – Nature truly nurtures ..having family time away from wifi/electronics/concrete/manmade chemical-laden hotel rooms and “plastic” entertainment, rather choose to be closer to nature, as it is our God-given natural beauty.